Safe Haven Respite Foster Program
For as long as bad things happen to good people who love and care for their animals, Safe Haven Respite will be here….trying to keep families together. The animals who come into Safe Haven are signed over legally into CVRR care with the addendum that they have an agreed upon time period (up to 45 days) with which the animal will only be available for re-adoption by the original owner. Vetting is updated as needed. The animal is spayed/neutered and vaccinated for rabies. The reclaiming fee is based only upon the money needed to medically care for the animal. Not everyone is approved for the program. Your environment must be a safe and stable option for the animal to return. As is the case with all CVRR programs, we are looking for what’s best for the animal. Cases of medical illness, sudden homelessness with a clear plan to rebuild stability, families fleeing abusive homes, seniors that require short term rehabilitation….these are all cases in which we are HAPPY to do OUR part to keep families together.
The following are a list of requirements for animals taken into Safe Haven:
- The animal must be friendly with other pets and people
- The animal must be kept indoors in inclement weather and overnights. If the animal housed outside during the day, it must be in suitable conditions..not chained or in a pen.
- If the animal is in need of respite care because of monetary instability, the family must have a clear plan to attain balance so that they will be able to support all the needs of the animal once reclaimed… physically, mentally, and emotionally.
- We need your goal to be the same as our goal…while we love to keep families together, sometimes giving your animal up for adoption can be the most kind and unselfish choice. Before seeking respite care, please take some time, consideration, and soul searching as to what is in your pet’s BEST interest.
- You must be willing to pay a re-adoption fee based on the medical payments associated with the animals veterinary care. (spay/neuter, microchip, and rabies vaccination.)
- You must agree to an at home visit should one be requested.
- You must be able to present us with the name and phone number of a character reference who is not a family member and has known you for 3+ years
- You must be willing to sign our contract which is provided for your examination and consideration upon request.
If you are in need of our assistance and feel that you meet our requirements or have questions, please feel free to email us at email@example.com
We are also always in need of foster homes to join our Safe Haven team! If you have space in your home and heart please file an application to foster.